“It’s the holiday season….so whoop-de-do and hickory dock…” Doesn’t holiday music make you want to curl up by the fire and drink egg nog? Us too! Here at Turmerical headquarters, we love a good ‘ol classic egg nog just as much as the next person. But let’s be honest; REAL egg nog is 1) “No Bueno” for anyone with dairy intolerances, and 2) goes against our entire quest to reduce inflammation caused by poor diet choices for everybody. (Hello processed sugar!).
That said, there is no need to skip the nog. We’ve created a healthier, dairy free (#vegan!) version of this holiday classic. Not only is it dairy free, and only uses a small amount of all natural, immunity boosting honey, we of course added our beloved, inflammation fighting friend, Turmeric for a festive twist! This recipe is also SUPER quick and easy to make, none of the time-consuming cooking and tempering you encounter with traditional eggnog recipes.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¾ cup bourbon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp
- honey or maple syrup to taste
- soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Discard cashew water and rinse cashews well.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, pour into a tall high ball glass, drizzle with honey or maple syrup, and sprinkle turmeric on top. Enjoy!